Roseville City School District’s Champions Academy is a rigorous distance learning program that incorporates personalized instruction through goal setting during individual teacher time, asynchronous and synchronous learning, and whole group and small group standards-based daily instruction.
What will the RCSD Champions Academy look like for my child?
Your child will have:
- A highly qualified RCSD teacher (K-5) or teachers (6th-8th)
- Standards-based daily instruction
- Whole group and small group instruction
- Recorded and live learning
- Personalized instruction teacher meeting time
- Goal setting and progress monitoring meetings
- Parent meeting and technology support
- Physical education embedded in the program
- Enrichment and elective embedded in the program
- Ongoing feedback, progress reporting, assessments, and trimester grades
- Learning management system to support communication
Parents/guardians will be expected to:
- Consider each option carefully before making their final decision
- Sign the Academy-Family- Student Compact Agreement
- Follow the outlined daily schedule for recorded and live learning
- Set-up a space for optimal learning
- Support students completing assignments and independent work
- Reinforce behavior expectations for the online whole group, small group, and individual meetings with the teacher
Who Can Enroll in the RCSD Champions Academy?
- Any K-8 student residing in RCSD or 2019-2020 interdistrict transfer student
- Students must have an up-to-date enrollment filled out to their resident school
- Parents/guardians may then enroll their child in the RCSD Champions Academy.